Wednesday, January 20, 2016

4. THEY WERE AS POLISHED BRONZE GODS

Examining the Relics, by Todd James
 
Fig. P4M3

The closest man, who taunted you with his flint blade and strangled male genitalia, bleeds profusely from his screwdriver and tablet wounds. He's sobbing now, having dropped his knife. He's utterly defeated mentally.

The crowd of men around him are shouting at you. Some hit at Mickey, the two-headed mutant rat, Maulmuire, the mutated human, and Morn-Start, the convenience store android, with the base of their palms in a way that suggests they would strike at you to cause you pain, but instead are holding back using this technique which does no damage at all. The expression across all their faces is far from the jovial one from before. Now they look annoyed, agitated, angry. They look on the verge of tears. They grip their dick-and-balls pouches and knead them in worry.

The two men who were crushed against the stone of black glass with the Force Screen are curled in fetal positions at the base of the rock, bleeding, their bodies broken. They sob silently, their faces hidden as if hoping by not looking up they'll receive no more physical punishment.

A perplexed group of men in orange and green is gathered around Moses and Winter testing the boundaries of the Force Screen with quick strikes with the palms of their hands and then quickly retreating back several steps.

Two sharp, loud clangs of metal on metal ring out from the Northwest corner of the square. Two human figures stand their with their arms crossed over their heads (See Fig. P4M3). There is a man and a woman. Both are very tall, seven feet you would guess. They wear only the minimum clothing to cover their groins. Calf-high leather books are on their feet. They have brown, ceramic masks covering their faces with slits for their eyes. On the woman's mask are three diagonal white marks across the cheeks. On the man's mask are three vertical red marks. Their bodies are constructed only with powerful shapes of voluminous muscle. Their skin is deeply tanned from exposure and glistens from sweat under the sun. At the end of their forearms aren't hands. At the end of their right arm is a rough, metal globe, from which protrude three foot-long needles. Instead of the left hand there is a blade that splits into two pieces, one a curved hook, the other a long, serrated sword. Around their waists hang a several strands of steel cables. They look like bronze statues you didn't see before.

But then they move, striding toward you, through the ring of tubular cats who have dropped down again from their "S" poses. The cat tubes slither behind the two giants.

The men in orange and green who've noticed these new arrivals on the scene of conflict run toward them, excited and yelling to them. In a beseeching tone they say, "Gooba! Gooba! Vard puchasey nucks! Gooba! Vard puchasey nucks, Gooba!" And the men point back at you accusingly. They huff and squeeze their members and stamp on the ground.

As the two tall figures get closer, you see their gleaming bodies are covered with wormy scars over their chests, arms, and legs. Their hair is dark long strands.

The tall man steps to one of the men in orange and green and shoves his hook blade into his stomach impaling him, lifting him up, then kicking him off the blade.

The two tall humans walk toward your party.
Moses and Morn-Start perhaps?

73 comments:

  1. [@WHOLE PARTY]

    [INVENTORY and STATUS]

    MICKEY - Near MORN-START and MAULMUIRE, wielding the screwdriver, now bloody, still possesses the red ring.

    MORN-START - Near MICKEY and MAULMUIRE, a broken slate tablet in one hand, dripping blood.

    MOSES - Standing with WINTER, close by the large stone of black glass, wearing the skull as a helmet and holding the femur bone.

    WINTER - Standing with MOSES, possesses the smaller steel key with the ring and plastic piece. Black stone shard in one hand.

    CELEXIS - Has the sphere and an ancient key.

    MAULMUIRE - Standing near MICKEY and MORN-START. Just threw some dudes into other dudes.


    [ACCOUNTING]

    No shift in your AC or HP or other stats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [WINTER BLACKFORD]

    [IC] Winter turns to see two weaponized hardbody kooks coming towards them in the town square. Winter searches the crowd with his two heads for Celexsis and upon finding him yells with two mouths in sync...

    Man Head Meat Head: "NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO OPEN THAT ORB HUMAN!"

    [Ooc] Can we somehow get Celexis to open that orb and inspect it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@WINTER]

      Yes indeed.

      [Tech] Roll a 1d6 to see if your yell reaches CELEXSIS in the building. 50/50 shot.

      Delete
    2. [@WINTER]

      CELEXSIS hears your call!

      (Writing for CELEXSIS) He shoves the key into the metal pimple and it unlocks the mechanism! He tears it off and sees there is a depression on the surface of the sphere, which had been covered by the other metal lock. The depression is a circle divided into four quadrants to make an X shape. In the top quadrant is a heart shape, the bottom is an arrow pointing down, the left quadrant is an eye, and the right quadrant is a hand.

      Delete
    3. [Mickey]

      [IC] "Why, that hole looks just like my ring!" says left head. "Can we put it in the lock? Do you mind?" says right head. Mickey depresses the surface of the ring into the depression in the sphere.

      Delete
  3. [Morn-Start]
    [IC] Morn-Start tucks his slate tablet under his left arm like a note book he extends his right arm with his metal palm upward in a gesture of welcoming courtesy, "I represent Morn-Start, comfort and service,start your mornings, afternoons, and evenings right!!Morn-Start! Bztttzz Who might you be, oh tanned v.i.p. customers of the wasteland?

    ReplyDelete
  4. [@WHOLE PARTY]

    As MICKEY depresses the ring into the sphere, there is a small hiss and soft pop as the seam equator on the sphere lifts and rotates.

    Just then the two giant humans with no hands approach. The man extends his right metal globe, with the needles pointing down, to touch MORN-START's hand in a gesture of greeting.

    In a heavily accented voice, muffled from the mask, he says, "I greet you, metal person. I apologize for the children. They misbehave when they excite theirselves. We come from The Thrice Church. Please, follow us. We take you from this place. This place not useful to anyone now. Please."

    ReplyDelete
  5. [Mickey]

    [IC] Mickey wipes off the blood and tucks the worn screwdriver back into his jeans. He calmly takes the dagger from the melted faced man and quickly scans his person for any items that could also be of use. As a T-shirt wearing, essentially unarmed two-headed rat, Mickey feels he could use all the help he could get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MICKEY]

      You find two packs of cigarettes and a flask amongst the bodies.

      Delete
  6. [Morn-Start]

    [IC] Bzzzrtt beep "Onward, to better days and better deals! Holiday prices ahead of season, save the day the Morn-Start way"

    [OoC] looks for anything like a pole art or blade for the journey ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      You find a rusty chain and a lighter among the bodies.

      Delete
  7. [WINTER BLACKFORD]

    [IC] Sighing breaths of relief from both mouths Winter quickly sets eyes on the ground for any loose hippie daggers or weapons. Winter simultaneously shout-whispering to Mickey as to not bring any more unwanted attention on him & Moses from the muscly kooks...

    Man Head: "MICKEY, What has your ring revealed?"

    Meat Head: "Yes. What inside?"

    [Ooc] Do I find any fallen daggers from the tussle that I can quickly take before leaving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@WINTER]

      You find a rusted knife hilt and an old, metal toy spaceship among the bodies.

      Delete
  8. [Mickey]

    [IC] Mickey looks into the sphere to see what's inside.

    [OOC] @Winter are you holding the sphere? Just trying to visualize this in my head. You're holding and I'm looking? That sounds about right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [WINTER @ MICKEY]

      [Ooc] No, it's become a little more complicated than that. Celexis has it and the key that fit it, but his user hasn't played since chapter 1.

      Knowing Clexis had the key to open it, I tossed the sphere to Celexis inside bldg 1 after removing it from the statue and before joining the fight (end of chapter 2).

      Mutant lord has played Celexis once (open sphere lock 1) on our behalf according to Winter comments.

      Winter is at the town center with Moses and presumably Mickey is close to Celexis. Mutant Lord has Mickey opening the spheres second lock with his ring, so Mickey must be physically closer to Celexis and the sphere than Winter.

      I would give it all a refresher read if you have time. It might be clearer than the way I just summarized.

      Delete
    2. [@WINTER & MICKEY]

      Let's say CELEXSIS has wandered out of the building after hearing the call from WINTER and MICKEY and seeing the violence seems to have subsided.

      You both now possess the unlocked sphere.

      Delete
    3. [Mickey]

      [IC] Mickey, the ever curious rate, takes full possession of the sphere, the king, the ring, and opens it to see what's inside.

      [OOC] Hopefully, no one objects here. Figured this is the easiest way to sort out possession and move the ball, er the sphere, forward.

      Delete
  9. [@WHOLE PARTY]

    The tall, masked woman notices you working on the steel sphere, about to open it. She is quickly at your side in one step.

    "Kass uss munn, varda? What have, yous?" she says to you. Then looks up, staring into the distance. She turns her head to the large man. "Gooba, yull uss phanna 'luburnical-nee?'"

    The man replies, "Rel-ic."

    To you the man says, "Is a relic from your faith, yes-no?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [MOSES MARLBOROUGH]

      [IC] Moses lets his force bubble fade away as a sign of trust, leaving only a briny scent on the air. He waves his flipper in blessing over the two men crushed by the bubble. The peaceful piranhoid then holds up his blue steel egg to the masked hardbodies.

      "Yes, a relic," says Moses. "I have one too. We do not fully understand them. Have you heard any legends of these steel balls?"

      "And are you in fact called Gooba?" asked Moses to the tall man. "That name means 'wise hero' in my native fish tongue!"

      [OoC] Moses pressed the button on his seamed steel egg earlier, but got no effect on a roll of 1.

      Delete
    2. [@MOSES]

      A deep chuckle comes from under the mask of the tall man. "We know not of your crazy religion and it's trinkets. We do not worship other ones as you do. Ha! The other ones did not save you from our God! Therefore we, The Thrice Church, are superior. The Thrice Church follows what your people call, 'The Doom Disturbance.' We call it 'The Veiled Activation.' The Thrice Church follows. You will be baptized into The Thrice Church and you will follow, too."

      Delete
    3. [MOSES]

      [IC] "It is a delight to meet such enlightened travelers! Please, lead on, and we shall follow. I have so many questions for you!" He waves his flipper, inviting the muscleman forward.

      Moses sneaks one last look at the black glass stone, piled high with multicolored gore. Perhaps there is a broken, jagged bone there he could use as a punch-dagger? Or one he could snap off with his teeth later.

      Delete
    4. [IC] Moses also looks down on the two costumed men crushed at his feet. Do they have any daggers?

      Delete
    5. [@MOSES]

      You find an small, old rock hammer.

      Delete
    6. [@MOSES]

      Indeed, there are plenty of bones on the large black stone. You could easily turn one into a stabbing weapon.

      Delete
    7. [MOSES]

      [IC] Moses leaves the rock hammer, but grabs one shorter bone and sticks it in his shredded loincloth.

      Delete
  10. [WINTER BLACKFORD]

    [IC] Winter Blackford straightens his simian body and does his best to look the tall man in the eye slits.

    Man Head: "Now THAT sounds like a proper RE-LAY-JOHN! I CAN'T WAIT to be baptized in it's JUICE!"

    Meat Head; "the fuck..."

    Man Head: "Hey Mickey! Show the nice Priestess what's inside your most valuable re-lic! Perhaps it will make an appropriate gift to our new church?!"

    [Ooc} I use my intellectual affinity to suggest that Mikey continues to open the orb towards the Priestess, and that the Priestess might be interested with what's inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@WINTER]

      The tall man raises his arms above his head and clangs the metal globe against his blades three times. Clang! Clang! Clang!

      "Yes! Two head! We welcome you!"

      Delete
  11. [Morn-Start]
    [IC] Tell me please, does Thrice Church have holiday sales and the power to cut prices in half? Who leads the way in service and savings? bleepzip How many locations does this organization have? Does membership include V.I.P. points applicable to V.I.P. members? zppppttt

    [OoC] I look to the distance to see if I can tell where we might be heading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      "I know not your language well, metal child. But The Thrice Church is many. We are as one, behind The Veiled Activation! May it bless the planet's surface a thousand times and a thousand again! And again! And again!" the tall man says, his voice rising in volume and then him pumping his left blade hand into the hair several times. He is facing the Southeast.

      You follow his gaze to the storm which is vague on the horizon.

      Delete
  12. [@WHOLE PARTY]

    MICKEY opens the sphere before the tall priestess. As soon as this happens the ringing in all your ears ceases so suddenly the silence in your minds is now deafening. You had become so used to the constant ringing its presence was undetectable.

    A harsh smoke billows out from the opening of the sphere. It continues to pour out of the bottom half of the sphere, over your hands, it's cold, and onto the ground. You can see there is something in the bottom of the sphere. Some kind of flat surface. Whatever the substance is, it's creating this heavy smoke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [Mickey]

      [IC] Mickey tries to get at the flat surface in the bottom of the sphere. "I'll be right there!" his left head says to the giant naked bronze warrior people. "We're coming!"

      Delete
    2. [@MICKEY]

      You brush off the thick smoke to examine the mysterious surface more closely. The smoke numbs even your furry rat hand as you brush it quickly away. The surface is grey. But you can't tell if it's grey in color, or if it is grey because it's transparent and you are just seeing the color of the interior of the metal sphere. Regardless, the substance is translucent and you can see an cylindric object hovering in the middle of it.

      Delete
    3. [Mickey]

      [IC] Mickey, totally entranced by the mystery of the sphere, attempts to reach inside it to touch the translucent substance and get at the cylindric object inside.

      Delete
    4. [@MICKEY]

      You touch the substance and your numb ratty hands don't register anything at first, but then it feels as if you're touching something that's on fire.

      [Tech] You take 2 damage.

      Roll a 1d20 under your Dex. Let's see see if you drop the sphere.

      Delete
    5. [Mickey]

      [IC] Mickey rolls a 4.

      Delete
    6. [@MICKEY]

      Surprisingly you hang on to the sphere, balancing it in one hand, while the pain stabs your other hand.

      Delete
    7. [Mickey]

      [IC] Mickey closes the sphere, fumbles to light a cigarette for each of his two heads, and then trudges along after the party, muttering to himself, "Why'd we have to go and do that?" said the left head, "We know better than to go off on our own like that. Especially here." The right head, sucking down a first puff of the cigarette. "We're such a fuckin' idiot."

      Delete
    8. [@MICKEY]

      I don't think you actually have a lighter. But MORN-START does.

      Delete
  13. [MOSES]

    [IC] "Pardon! An unexpected development! As you said, we do not understand our trinkets!" Moses steps away from the harsh smoke. Is the smoke affecting Mickey or the Muscle Priestess in any way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MOSES]

      The smoke isn't affecting MICKEY or the Muscle Priestess in any way you can determine. It is merely very cold.

      Delete
  14. [Morn-Start]

    [IC]Morn-Start continues his conversation. "Many as one coming together, bzzrit-teep working for the future. What is your name how can I help you zrpptttt have you considered a membership card, this message is now better than ever, and fully redeemable. You are a valued customer, please, tell us how you came to be,, a Morn-Start shopper is a important part of our family."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      "I like you, metal one!" And he strokes your head with the flat of his blade. "I am called Telem Bromadge."

      He starts walking off toward the Northwest. "Come. All. Please. This way. We go to The Thrice Church."

      Delete
    2. [MOSES]

      [IC] "You don't have to ask us a third time! Unless, of course, that is a tenet of your religion. Lead on, to the Thrice Church!"

      [OoC] Moses has a lot of questions that he'd like to ask Telem and the Muscle Priestess, but I can save them for the journey. Thinking that perhaps a new chapter of traveling is about to begin, so I can save my questions for the next post.

      Delete
  15. [MAOLMUIRE]

    [IC] Still nearly breathless from his efforts to keep the "children" at bay and jacked up with adrenaline that makes him want to tear off the blade hand of Telem Bromadge and thrust it through that creepy ceramic mask of his, Maolmuire reaches out with a muscular hand...and follows the lead of Moses. He reaches to pat Telem on the back and offer friendship, over-eager to impress.

    "I am Maolmuire, Lord Telem. What will the others of the church think of strangers like us? Will we be welcomed? I don't have to cut off any body parts to fit in, do I?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MAOLMUIRE]

      The skin of Telem's back is like touching wax paper stretched over water-worn rocks. His scars are like petrified earthworms. He spins to face you as soon as you touch his back and begins to snap into a defensive posture.

      "Ah! You are strong, blessed one! And silent as well! It is not often someone touches the back of Telem. You are a worthy prospect and should do well in The Baptism!" His voice is powerful though muffled by his mask. It is deep at times, shrill at others.

      Delete
  16. [Morn-Start]

    [IC]"Dear V.I.P. and valued patron Talem please do tell us of the Bap-zerp-tism."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      "It may be difficult for you to participate, little metal one. But I see strange things in this reality. The Baptism is a holy endeavor. It is necessary for the survival of The Thrice Church. You will see. First you must sit with the Two Twinses. Come. Follow. Please."

      And he walks toward the Northwest road. The Priestess loses interest in the sphere, seeing Telem walking off, she quickly catches up to his long stride.

      Delete
  17. [Maolmuire]

    [OoC] His body enhancement ability wears off after 5 rounds this time, so probably around this point he will begin to transform...

    [IC] Walking alongside Telem, Maolmuire begins to deflate. He becomes a few inches shorter and his muscles shine down to reveal him to be about the strength of a preteen boy. His bloated face withers down into a beady-eyed countenance, clearly human but not nearly as gloriously heroic. He continues to walk along, feigning confidence, as if this transformation did not actually diminish his power at all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. [@WHOLE PARTY]

    You are now following Telem and the Priestess Northwest up the road. Buildings are on either side of the road. Three long buildings are on the Western side. On the Eastern side is one larger building and then what looks to be a shanty town made of found objects: cloth, wood, glass, metal, ceramic, stone, mud, concrete, etc.

    In the distance you can see a wall, and what looks like a portion that has been destroyed. There are several other figures milling about in the distance.

    [@MOSES]

    Go ahead and ask questions during this walk.

    ReplyDelete
  19. [Morn-Start]
    [OoC]What does the big building look like does it seem to be filled with goodies or has it been long picked clean?]

    [IC] Morn-Starts chrome shines like a mirror in the sun as he falls back to where ever Winter is and walks with him. Discretely he leans in "loyal team member, two heads are better than one what do you think of this new organization and it's regional managers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      The big building on the East side is made out of stone and broken brick, molded together with something like concrete. It's somewhat rectangular in shape and has a patchwork tin roof sloping to either side lengthwise. You can't see inside so you can't determine if there's anything of value inside. But you do here clanging coming from inside.

      Delete
  20. [WINTER BLACKFORD]

    [IC} With extreme caution in his step and two gigantic false smiles on both his faces Winter Blackford cautiously lags behind the two nuke-tan skin-bags. Winter walks at a distance so as to reserve an advantage but simultaneously not raise alarm. Somehow comfortable in this situation, Winter feels his mind spinning with precise tactical calculations. Then suddenly a micro-static noise breaks his concentration:

    Morn start: "loyal team member, two heads are better than one what do you think of this new organization and its regional managers?

    Winter Blackford,
    Meat Head: “Eat us, brave friend.”
    Man Head: “Or at least this won't go well for those of us made of flesh…”
    Meat Head: “U ready rumble?” as he Winks.

    Looking down at his determined compatriot Winter notices for the first time a spray painted stencil across Morn Starts back. The Very same “504th Stompers” tattoo he and Moses share.

    A brain synapse fires! Winter focuses on his other newfound friends. A closer look at Maolmuire...the rear plane of his right bicep ...yes! The same! Celexis? His forearm, YES! And Mickey, just above a dolphin splashing across his lower back?! Just beneath the fur?! Yes! The Same Tattoo! What does this mean?

    Somehow Winter knows these scavengers he woke up next to in the town square. He knows these familiar strangers like the back of his hand. He knows even though he still can’t remember. Winter Blackford knows that THIS GROUP SHOULD NOT BE FUCKED WITH! Winter remembers this and his two faces grin a deep, dark, and sinister grin.

    [Ooc] Can I meta-concert with Morn Start to influence these weirdo priests into telling us exactly what they intend to do with us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@WINTER]

      (This is awesome)

      You aren't able to Metaconcert with MORN-START as he's an android, and the Metaconcert abilities allows you to commune psychically with similar mutants, or ones that share a similar mental mutation. So, while you couldn't Metaconcert with an android, you could use the ability with MICKEY, who's two-headed as well.

      Delete
    2. [WINTER]

      [OOC] Ok, that makes sense! I would like to try to metaconcert again with Mickey to influence these weirdo priests into telling us exactly what they intend to do with us, and no wierdo double speak! We need to know if they are gonna cut our hands off or choke our dicks in chicken wire!

      [@WHOLE PARTY]
      [OOC} Let me know if the backstory thing is stepping on any toes or makes the game somehow not work and I'll lay off on that whole special forces tattoo aspect of it.

      Delete
    3. [MOSES]

      [OoC] I like the special forces tattoos, Winter! It gives us group cohesion and a mystery to explore. And we still have our own origins, before we banded together as a squad. My only thought is that hopefully we were a maverick squad who tried to do the right thing, and not a right-wing death squad that killed nuns and journalists for corporate overlords, ha.

      Delete
    4. [@MOSES]

      [OOC] Yes, agreed. Some kind of A-team scenario: Bad asses who didn't want to follow that last order so they are on the lam

      Delete
    5. [OoC] I love it. If we're the A-Team, we're gonna need a sweet van.

      Delete
  21. [MOSES]

    [IC] While Winter and Morn-Start lag behind, Moses keeps pace with Telem and the Priestess. Interspersed with small talk about the weather and how big their muscles are, he attempts some friendly questions as they stroll along:

    "The 'children' you apologized for, the men in orange-and-green costumes—are they also followers of The Thrice Church?"

    "If you don't mind me asking, why do those men strangle their genitals so?"

    "Their cat-worm creatures were also intriguing. Are they domesticated beasts that belong to 'the children'? What purpose do they serve?"

    "We all woke up in the town square, surrounded by dead bodies around an altar of colorful gore. Then 'the children' quickly appeared to inspect the scene. Were we transported here as a result of 'The Veiled Activation" that you spoke of?"

    "We found a four-headed statue in the large building on the north of the square. I assume that is an object of devotion for a different sect. Do you know who may have built it?"

    "We saw winged humanoids flying in the West, clutching other humanoids in their grip. Do you know about these winged creatures? Perhaps a cause for concern?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MOSES]

      "Yes, of course! The children follow the faith their parents give to them! Is this not true of your own religion, even if it is a faith that worships Other Ones?"

      "They have their manhoods tied up because they are no longer of use! They are simple workers at present. It is a sad thing. But it is the will of The Veiled Activation! And it is our purpose to find blessed ones, such as yourself, to come into The Thrice Church. It is as The Veiled Activation commands!"

      "Cat-worms?" asks Telem. The Priestess says something that sounds like, "Mulpurrtautus."

      "Ah!" says Telem, "They go into the towns blessed by The Veiled Activation and find blessed ones such as yourself. They tell us they find you."

      Telem laughs heartily at the next question, "Hahaha, uh-huhhuhuh. No, fish man. You were not transported by The Veiled Activation. You were damned. You worshiped an Other One. But The Veiled Activation chose to bless you and your people. The dead ones were blessed to feed The Veiled Activation. You were blessed and chosen to join us, The Thrice Church. Your forgetting is a part of the blessing. Haha!"

      "I do not know who would build such a statue. I would guess your people built it. It is a false idol. It is of sin. It is dirt. Think not of it for it holds no power for you any longer now that you have been blessed."

      "Winged creatures!? Where?! Where did you see?!" He raises his hands over his head, and lets out a heart-stopping war cry. Then clangs his metal appendage weapons together. The Priestess lets loose a terrible sound in response. Telem says without making eye contact, just looking forward, "I will cut their wings from their bodies. I will wear their bones as a lover. I will make their flesh as though it were poison fire and they will tear it from their forms! And I will take their apemen surrogates and crush them while the winged ones watch me do so!" Telem is breathing hard but then he seems to regain some composure. "They are also worshipers of The Veiled Activation. But they are impure and perverted." He turns to you and gestures, "They are now your enemy as well!"

      Delete
    2. [MOSES]

      [IC] "Of course, mighty Telem! Death to the winged ones!" says Moses. He lifts the bone club he had been using as a walking cane and waves it in assent.

      Delete
    3. [@MOSES]

      Telem and the Priestess pump their needle-globe hands in approval.

      Delete
  22. [@WHOLE PARTY]

    As you get closer to the wall, you see there is a giant saw blade that has cut into the thick metal wall to create a hole. The saw blade is circular and is attached to the front of a vehicle that hasn't come through all the way. It has several other blades as well, but they're propped up and out of use. It appears whatever blade needs to be used for the job is brought down into position in front of the vehicle.

    There are some other hard-looking humans walking around near the hole. They seem to be pacing. When they see Telem raise an arm in greeting, they wave in acknowledgement but almost with a dismissive manner. And then they resume their pacing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. [MOSES]

    [IC] "Is this the Thrice Church, pilgrim?" asks Moses to Telem. "Or simply a roadblock on the path to enlightenment?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MOSES]

      "These are other followers of our faith, fish head man," Telem says and then signals for everyone to stop.

      Delete
  24. [@WHOLE PARTY]

    You notice above the deeply-rusted metal wall, several meters to the right of the hole with the blade vehicle within it, another blade rise up above the top of the wall. This blade is covered with a pink glow of energy. Bolts of electricity chase each other around its surface as it rises fully into view. You see it's spinning at a blurring speed. It drops on top of the wall and a deafening shriek envelopes your world. The blade continues to cut down through the wall at a steady rate, spitting fountains of orange and pink sparks in your direction. The sound is constant and oppressive. The blade terminates at the bottom of the wall finally and thankfully.

    You hear an enormous thud hit the wall, a few moments later it happens again, and the wall with stubborn metallic cries, bends and falls over inward, flat in front of you.

    Looking up there is a sea of "children." Hundreds of them rush inside the wall. The crowd keeps their distance around Telem, the Priestess and your party. They rush down the other roads you see, as well the one you are on, and dissipate into the surrounding buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  25. [Morn-Start]

    [IC]Where do they go, what is inside these bzzt buildings, where do children come from,kids do the craziest things!!! is this the thrice church? Machine blades doing much work, making better entrances for more customers? Power your morning with coffee and donuts now at a better value! what powers the thrice church Telen? Pink light cuts metal, gets the rust out, like never before!!!!

    Morn-Start points to the cutting blades at he stands with the group

    [OoC] Where are the”children” running I try to observe more of these surroundings to know what is inside the wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      The "children" are running down different roads, one parallel to the wall, the one you stand on, which is a diagonal (Northwest to Southeast), and another road running North/South. perpendicular to the wall (which runs East/West).

      From your vantage point there are buildings to the Western side of the road, just behind you. And there's the shanty town on the Eastern side, that seems to take up a substantial amount of space.

      Behind you you can see the square an its buildings, but there are buildings beyond that. You get the sense that there are even more.

      It seems this wall was a shield to protect this small village as a compound.

      Delete
  26. [Morn-Start]

    [IC] points to the shanty towns "What is this place called? We should open a shop in this outpost Thrice-Stop three times the convenience our prices sliced thrice for your comfort!!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@MORN-START]

      Telem says, "I know not what you call your village. It is most likely named after your Other One God. Haha!"

      Delete
    2. Come to the new post! http://cruellightbrutalsteel.blogspot.ca/2016/01/5-two-twins-and-mother.html

      Delete
  27. [WINTER BLACKFORD]

    [IC] With his eyes, Winter searches the group for Mickey trying not to bring any attention to himself in the process. Once Winter finds Mickey he tries to lock all four of his eyes with all four of his equally mutated teammates eyes on both of his Rat heads.

    [Ooc] I would like to attempt a metaconcert link with Mickey again with the intention to control the mind of the Priestess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [@WINTER]

      You see MICKEY in the back of the party holding the open sphere. Less smoke is pouring from it now. You lock eyes with him and after a moment, you are able to Metaconcert together. Your minds are in dialogue without speaking, it is as if your minds are in a room all to themselves and no one else can enter or be aware of its existence.

      Do you have a mutation that allows for mind control? If so, you can combine your WILL with MICKEY's to perform the mental attack!

      We can resolve this over at the next post!
      http://cruellightbrutalsteel.blogspot.ca/2016/01/5-two-twins-and-mother.html

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.